Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year (Made in China)












Happy New Year everyone! Since my only known readers are grammar and punctuation snobs, I thought I would provide something for your editing pleasure.

Last night, for New Year's Eve, I had purchased some party poppers. You twist the bottom and they shoot out ribbon streamers. This morning as I sat at the breakfast table, surveying the mess from the previous night, I picked up one of the poppers and read the instructions on the back. Here, typed exactly as found on the product, are the translated instructions. I hope it brings you a few chuckles, as it did for me.

"The product is used fo inside and outside celebration occasions such as wedding. Christmas Evening, various entertainment parties etc, which can increase the festival atmosphere and promote the celebration to the climax.

The product, with spring as motive power, sprays over twenty color stripes with six colors and colorful scrapings for 4-6 meters far.

While using, just rotate the bottom of the spray along arrow direction. (Do not refit the sprayer privately in case the spring hurt someone.)

Made in China"

Made in China? Really? I could't tell.

1 comment:

Menner said...

I love it! Thanks for the much-needed laugh.