This week's frustrations:
1. I lost my keys to the preschool shed so I couldn't get what I needed all week and had to improvise.
2. I fell down the stairs for the SECOND TIME in a month and have a new bruise two inches to the left of where the last one finally disappeared.
3. I am witnessing the slow death of the SECOND TV in my living room in the past year (of course, this one was ancient when it replaced the last one that died, but still!) and I refuse to buy a new one because the next upstairs TV will be in the party room after the home addition is finished. See #4.
4. I realized that we started digging for our home addition nine months ago and it's still not done.
5. My daughter didn't get the part she wanted in her school play and was bitterly disappointed. I was at a complete loss as to how to help her.
6. WILL MY HOUSE EVER GET CLEAN??? (My favorite quote about this is "cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."
This week's joys:
1. Mel found the preschool shed keys (turns out he's the one who lost them).
2. I love listening to my kindergartener sound out words in increasingly more difficult books.
3. I took three family members to the dentist and not one cavity was to be found.
4. The siding on my house is almost done, so even though it has a long way to go on the inside, the outside is actually starting to look like a house and not just a construction site.
5. The sun is shining more and I feel less depressed.
6. It's time for Mel's annual raise. Mel has a job. I have a job. We have enough food to eat. My cars are functioning, my kids are healthy, my house keeps me warm, and I don't have a dog.
p.s. thanks to Maren for the writing prompt.
No comments:
Post a Comment