Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why is this so funny to me?

I love published typos and grammatical errors.  I don't know why they make me laugh, but they do.

Here's a recipe from the program from this year's Greek Festival.  If it doesn't make you smile then you can just pretend I'm giving you a recipe I like.  Which I do, but I would have proof read it before giving it to you.

Kourabiethes
Butter cookie made with crushed roated almonds, dusted with powdered surger

Ingredients:
3/4 lb unsalted butter
1/4 lb regular butter
3 cups flour
1/2 cup powder sugar (confectioners sugar)
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon almond extract
Powder Sugar

In mixer, cream both types of butter until creamy and light in color.

Continue beating, add 1/2 cup powder sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and almond extract

Add 1 cupfull of flour at a time.

Mixing continually.  If dough is too soft, add a little more flour.

Preheat oven 375

Shape dough into round balls - size of a golf ball

Place on baking sheet 1 inch apart

Bake 12 - 15 minutes

Remove from oven - cool

When cool enough to handle, roll in powder sugar.

Place on paper towel - allow to cool 20 minutes then using a sifter, dust with additional powder sugar

Store in plastic containers

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just LOVE roated almonds!