
Today Sister Matsumori from the primary general presidency made an unexpected visit to our primary. She sat with my daughter's primary class, then joined us for singing/sharing time. Our primary president invited her to come up and say something to the primary. She told us that one of the things she gets to do in her calling is occasionally meet with President Monson in his office. The last time she was there he wanted to talk about primary music. He reminisced about the songs he had learned in his youth. Then he said, "Primary music is important!" She wanted us to hear his words, and explained that it is because primary music teaches gospel principles.
After her comments she bore her testimony. The last thing she said was, after a brief pause, "I know that President Monson is a prophet." Sometimes I think that those of us who don't have the privilege of meeting with the prophet face to face can think of him as some untouchable, unreachable person we see on TV now and then. But to meet someone who has met with him face to face brings him closer to me. When she shared her testimony, I felt the spirit testify to me that she really knows that he is a prophet. Through her strength of testimony, mine grows.
And I am reminded that through my strength of testimony, others may also grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment