It’s 6:05 a.m. and 59 degrees. Inside my house.
I have been sick in bed since yesterday morning at about 1:00 a.m. Except for the times that I was running from my bed to the toilet. The toilet in my bathroom, because unfortunately the toilet in my bedroom is non-functioning (see previous post).
Two days ago it rained and rained and rained, turning all of my grassless yard into a giant muddy pool. Fortunately, the rain is good for my few growing plants. Unfortunately, I had parked my car at the top of the hill before it rained and it got stuck in the giant muddy pool.
Due to the stage of my home addition, and the fact that my husband has been out of town all week and is therefore unavailable to help me, I cannot turn on my furnace.
On the upside:
The home addition is coming along nicely. I painted a few rooms this week, before I got sick.
My brother-in-law stopped by to help my car get unstuck from the muddy pool.
My mother-in-law called to see if there was anything she could do for me.
Melissa did the dishes for me tonight without being asked, and took care of Noelle for me all day.
As far as I know, the kids took care of themselves all day without any fighting. At least, not any fighting that was loud enough for me to hear.
This morning I did not have to run to the toilet.
I can stay in bed all day today and ignore the fact that my house is 59 degrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment