Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things in Unexpected Places


There is a toilet in my bedroom.

I have had a lot of weird things in my bedroom, as it has served as a storage unit for different things at different times during different projects, most often special cleaning or remodeling projects. But this one takes the cake. The reason for the toilet in my bedroom is that our home addition has finally reached the stage of HANGING SHEETROCK!!! And, having purchased our bathroom fixtures many months ago and stored them in the garage, we had need to move those items out of the way for the sheetrockers. There is no room anywhere else in my house. The downstairs TV room already has boxes to the ceiling and a coffee table resting upended on the couch. The kids' rooms are also holding boxes to the ceiling (clothes, holiday decorations, what have you). I suppose I could put said toilet into the bathtub temporarily, but that's just as strange. Plus, there's a bunch of other buckets and boxes in there anyway.

So, until the sheetrockers are done and I can move some stuff back into the garage, let's pray that there will be no need for a hasty exit from the original house, because it's a little hard to see the exits right now.

2 comments:

Menner said...

I love it. You have inspired me to never add on to my house.

JaeReg said...

No kidding. Watching the long process of expanding your small space has made me feel like little houses are meant to stay that way, and big houses are for people who have been in little houses too long.

But I must say, it looked impressive today. I'm sure yours will be worth it in the end. And the end finally seems in sight.