Emma wrote about a fly once. She had hope that it could live when it was obviously dying. She just left it there, hoping and willing it to live and be free. I've never had enough affection for a fly to want one to live. And if I saw one struggling on the floor I'm sure I would just put it out of its misery. I think Emma is nicer than me.
Kevin thought maybe flies only live for one day. I respectfully disagree. I've had two in my bathroom for days. I suppose it is possible that they live for one day, procreate, die, and leave their babies to take their place. But if that's true, where are all the fly corpses?
So today I had a preschooler who really had to go potty but wouldn't because the fly in the bathroom was freaking him out. So I tried to shoo the fly out the door but it ended up in between my hand and the door frame. Squished. A little bloody. Had to wash my hands. Was this a good lesson for my preschooler? If you don't like something you can just squish it? Probably not.
But it was good for my self esteem. I killed a fly with my bare hands. I am a fly warrior. (Never mind that it was an accident.) Maybe I can be a fly warrior for halloween. All I need is a helmet, a shield and a flyswatter. Oooo, I like that.
2 comments:
A little bloody? You actually saw fly blood? I don't know if they have any. I've only ever seen greenish brownish guts.
Love the costume idea though. I could instantly picture you in it, and I like what I see!
I'm telling you, there was red on the wall and red on my hand. Icky.
Post a Comment