My 20 year old sister says I'm hip and cool now that I'm on facebook. My husband says he read somewhere that if you are over 42 and on facebook you're a loser, so he won't do it. I'm not quite 42 so I guess I'm not a loser, but I don't know about the hip and cool part.
But here's what's got me bugged: How in the world does facebook know I might know someone when all I did was put my name on an account?
"Here's some people you might know" it says, then promptly shows me 20 photos of people I don't know and 5-10 photos of people I actually do. Family members even. HOW DOES IT KNOW THIS? We live in a high tech, globally networked world and it freaks me out.
The other thing that freaked me out was when I set up another blogspot account to keep my photos on. I forgot to put all the privacy settings on it, so everyone in the world with a blogspot account saw my new blog for about an hour. I got two comments, both from italian men. EWWWW. Immediately changed privacy settings.
1 comment:
hahahhaah! italian men? I love it. The whole Facebook thing is kind of scary when you think about it. By signing up on these websites we're just helping Big Brother keep tabs on all of us, yet for some reason we do it anyway.
Post a Comment